Chapter Secrets – Chapter 1012 in-depth analysis

This is probably one of the shorter analysis I’ve done in quite a while, since this chapter, for as fun as it was to read, is meant to be relatively light on details due to being a set up chapter. Regardless, I hope you enjoy this week’s analysis!

Twitter
Support
Youtube

20 comments

    • i agree, either all the numbers (4birds, 81 on metalbird and 30, 99%) is a code or something or…
      i think this is simply a reference to chances of battle of 2 opponents and 30% and 99% …
      or maybe 99% of death chance for Kid and 3D being a 3d tarining Kid took, we all know Kid had some time between Udon escape and Onigashima raid… also this would make a good irony(or pun) with Luffy’s 3D2Y

      Like

      • And who better for Hawkins to explain Kid’s chances other than Killer which he fights. It could refers to instead of 2 years of training, he has 99% chance of dying training-like.

        Like

      • yes. earlier hawkins 1% was likely in reference to the chances of victory & survival the alliance had
        this mean 99% chance of loss or death.. hinted again and again in the Onigashima sub-arc
        perhaps if its 30% then it may refer to how the chances of success have increased.. Numbers 81 may be the sum of all the major players this arc. Number 4 may be linked with 4 key figures involved in finale or 4 main fights.. like Luffy,Kaido,BigMom, Kaido, Law and King, Queen..

        Like

  1. Hi, Artur, thanks for your work! I was thinking, today in my country we celebrate the Mother’s day, i don’t know if in Japan also, but it looks like Oda was trying to show us the importance of the mother care trough Nami.

    Like

  2. I can’t describe how funny was an interaction between Law, Sanji and Zoro in this chapter. It was nice to see this troll side of Law’s personality when he landed on Sanji’s shoulder like a boss xD

    Speaking of Denjiro’s sudden disappearance I think about three possibilities:

    a) he will also go to the Live Floor;
    b) he noticed Hiyori so he went to assist her;
    c) he will activate “Ushimitsu Kozo” mode and kick up a crazy storm.

    Like

    • yeah it concern me.. i had a few ideas myself; 1. Denjiro might fight saski which is possible since sasaki may be stronger than wha he has shown so far and we never know how strong they are.. 2.Denjiro knows some secrets of Onigashima and went to do something, his actions are similar to what Fukurokujo did, 3. i have a really bad idea that a scabbard may try to kill yamato since i’m not really sure if they agree to and know about Yamato’s situation, mostly Denjiro may know that Kaido has a kid and he may try to kill the Oden impersonator

      Like

  3. I thought of something recently. The way ryou is described, landing with an attack that goes through a person without physical contact, sounds similar to how fish man works. So in my effect world, Jimbei would be an effective answer to Kaido.

    Like

  4. firstly the 90, 30, these numbers may have to do something with Kid’s and his opponent’s chances in battle.. (or perhaps Kid’s specific 3 days of training since we know he had time before Onigashima Raid)– remember the art of cover foreshadowing.
    anyway the robotic bird and the real bird both remind me of King and Marco if perhaps that has something to do with this.
    (anyway there are 4 real birds and the robotic bird has 81 written on it, so we have; 4, 30, 90, 81)

    Like

  5. Saji’s group heading to main hall, that makes things simple.
    Prospero fights Neko, Sanji joins the main battle of Calalmities vs Marco, while by this time Chopper needs to rest after using monster point so he’ll be helping Zoro recover,
    Shishilian, Izo and Kawamatsu.. who will be their opponents, any idea?

    Like

  6. with the battle of nami, ulti and MigMom,
    Kid and Law will takeover the Yonko while the Lady Dino vs weather witch strikes back, i mean Nami fights Ulti. And Tamma is going to need a doctor so is Ussop taking her back to the live floor and find his opponent there.
    now 2 of our favorite players need a doctor, Good luck Tanuki san i mean Docta choppa 😉

    Like

  7. It’s a bit of a long shot, but I think I have an idea for the 3D 99% thing from the cover page.

    You guys remember Hawkins bringing up a guy with a 1% survival chance to Drake? Maybe he was referring to the guy who recently fought the 3 D.’s (Luffy, Law, Kidd), which would then make them have a 99% survival chance in return?

    Like

    • this is a big claim.
      although i do agree that Kid may also secretly be a D. since he has some traits similar to D..
      although not sure if we know how D works, because family names in one piece are carried only by birth but sometimes also by association.
      just as Vassals of Kozuki are associated with the name Kozuki, lilely Luffy’s right hand Zoro may also be associated with his captian Of the family D.
      ………
      also 99% was chance of loss and death for the invading alliance..
      however their chance has been increasing so they can perhaps now have a 20 percent chance of survival may(with reference to #81 which may their current risk of loss and life)

      Like

  8. Aaah, this arc is such an up and down thing for me. But this was a fun chapter, almost more classic OP! Giant Zoro Cross (And Law sticking his landing when being caught by Sanji) were hilarious.

    (Also seeing Carrot solidly defeat Tomato by more then 100.000 votes in the world popularity poll (And during the height of the Tomato hypetrain) makes me suffer far less from Tomato hype aversion. (Since they just didn’t DO that much yet. (I mean sure, she’ll have her moment and Luffy’ll take her along because Ace said he would, but still. So far she really mostly just sort of exists.)

    Now… Some people seem to think Zoro will burst out of his cocoon and fight King, but god I hope not. I REALLY hope not. I kind of thought Zoro giving Kaido a serious cut would be… different… and not involve sudden CoC nonsense (Not a fan of Zoro having CoC (I’d rather having him overcome people with it, whilst not having it himself.), but hey he gave Kaido his cut and it’ll be significant. Kaido’s going to get some game-ending punch to that cut eventually. And I think Zoro should just kind of be done for this arc. Give King to Sanji. (And give Queen to Franky, I mean how often do you get a cyborg v. cyborg opportunity?) (We have a rogue Denjiro walking around now, so he can run into Sasaki again. There can be a bit where Den tells Franky to go help out in the life stage and there you go.)

    Also Ulti has a less predictable attack then wildly telegraphed flying headbutts, I liked her little bouncy headbutt variant, good on her. But honestly I’d have just let Big Mom fight Ulti. (Since Ulti wouldn’t last much longer then Queen and Page One did anyway (None of Kaido’s officers would last all that long against BM it seems to me.), and this way Nami and Usopp could get a head start. (Since BM will VERY likely attack them next otherwise.)

    Then again, maybe with that ‘honour among pirates’ thing, BM’ll let them go if they defeat Ulti. Who knows.

    Like

    • specific focus on the part of Franky and Denjiro:– yes, Denhiro might end up settling a duel with a former friend Sasaki which could allow Franky to head for the main hall.
      in the main hall there’s Prospero vs Nekomamusi(likely also Shishilian) and Marco and chopper vs King and Queen.
      so to balance odds further Franky Choppa team-up can fight Queen for a while and this will suit them.
      later Team Sanji will show up to fight, Izo, Sanji and Kawamatsu fight Queen while Chopper tends to Zoro.. (maybe Marco can also heal Zoro)
      further Usopp can just come back for Choppa to heal Tamma (as her plan was to come here) and Ussop can be a part of the main hall fight that gives him all the fun..
      Nami fights Ulti despite the Odds and BigMom won’t be fighting anymore beast pirates since Kid and Law are nearby…

      Like

    • bigmom is like luffy in a sense, she just does as she wills and gives weird reasons explanations
      .. tating/befriending some one fpr too simple reasons and keeping a grudge against reason… just following their instincts…

      Like

  9. Zoro falling asleep the second he’s with Sanji reminds me of the scene in Whiskey Peak where he says he only sleeps when he’s with people he trusts.
    A reminder of the complete trust the straw hats share, even if in Zoro and Sanji’s case they will never admit it.

    Like

    • specific focus on the part of Franky and Denjiro:– yes, Denhiro might end up settling a duel with a former friend Sasaki which could allow Franky to head for the main hall.
      in the main hall there’s Prospero vs Nekomamusi(likely also Shishilian) and Marco and chopper vs King and Queen.
      so to balance odds further Franky Choppa team-up can fight Queen for a while and this will suit them.
      later Team Sanji will show up to fight, Izo, Sanji and Kawamatsu fight Queen while Chopper tends to Zoro.. (maybe Marco can also heal Zoro)
      further Usopp can just come back for Choppa to heal Tamma (as her plan was to come here) and Ussop can be a part of the main hall fight that gives him all the fun..
      Nami fights Ulti despite the Odds and BigMom won’t be fighting anymore beast pirates since Kid and Law are nearby…

      Like

Leave a Reply to Muzamil Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s